Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Monday, March 26, 2018

We can't keep it unless we give it away. ...This is one of the best thought tools I have come to rely on over the years. The version I learned was phrased like this; "You can’t keep it unless you give it away." It's an action thought that has never failed me since I began my walk with Christ and in sobriety. Unless I am willing to help another, I am not in a position to spiritually receive the gifts the Lord blesses me with. Now this doesn't mean we should give away everything we have, or start a crusade to end world homelessness, but it does mean that each day we should open the eyes of our hearts to see how we can best be of service to someone around us. ...Check your experience…. "Helping others is the foundation stone" Big Book pg. 97. Lord, please open the eyes of our heart daily to see how we can best serve another, AMEN. "…that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27. Have a blessed day y'all! Furniture Bank has been nominated for nonprofit of the year!! WE NEED YOUR VOTES!!!!! AZ Foothills Magazine will be giving away a media sponsorship package to the winner! 1 vote per email address per day now through April 27 https://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/nonprofit-of-the-year-2018/voting/227.html

No comments:

Post a Comment