Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Is it me or them? …. Maybe it’s different for you, but it has always been easier for me to blame “them” whenever things don’t go my way. It’s “their” fault I did not get my way, or it’s because of “them” I failed…..Now that I am older and have been walking in sobriety and with Christ for a while, I have learned it’s not “them” causing my pain, rather, it’s me. The desire to want to blame others is a part of being human and self-will driven by pride, fear, and expectations. These days whenever my desire to blame “them” crops up, I immediately look at what is going on inside of me that needs to change so I can accept the situation, thing, person, or place exactly as it is and understand that through seeking God’s will and not my own self-centered will, I will gain acceptance and not be so caught up in the drama of the moment. … Check your experience. ….. . “and Acceptance is the answer to ALL of my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation- some fact of my life- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. … I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes. Big Book pg 417 0r 449 (older edition) Lord soften our hearts s that we may see things as they are through the eyes of the Holy Spirit within us and not be blinded by the illusions of our own self-will, AMEN. "Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. It takes one to know one.” Romans 2: 1-2 Have a blessed day y’all! Furniture Bank has been nominated for nonprofit of the year!! WE NEED YOUR VOTES!!!!! AZ Foothills Magazine will be giving away a media sponsorship package to the winner! 1 vote per email address per day now through April 27 https://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/nonprofit-of-the-year-2018/voting/227.html

No comments:

Post a Comment