Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The difference between knowing and doing… Until 90 plus days ago when I got honest and joined Overeaters Anonymous, this was my daily dilemma… I was supposed to be losing weight, yet I had dessert. I needed to make healthy eating choices yet I found myself at the Taco Bell drive thru …AGAIN! Is it because I am weak willed and cannot control my sugar addiction? Nope, it’s the fact that I continued to choose my selfish and self-centered will over seeking God’s will. My heart KNOWS what I need to do, but my head does it anyway. This is not only the difference between knowing and doing, but also why my character defects left unchecked keep me unhealthy and in self-will. Do you have things you are doing that you know you should not be?... Check your experience… . “Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character” Big Book Step 6, Pg 59 Lord, let us give you our weaknesses and temptations in return for strength and support to stay in Your will for us, AMEN. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.” Romans 7: 19 Have a blessed day y’all! Furniture Bank has been nominated for nonprofit of the year!! WE NEED YOUR VOTES!!!!! AZ Foothills Magazine will be giving away a media sponsorship package to the winner! 1 vote per email address per day now through April 27 https://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/nonprofit-of-the-year-2018/voting/227.html

No comments:

Post a Comment