Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Why worry?.. Schedules conflict, appointments run long, and our responsibilities never seems to end! Now maybe it’s different for you but when I find myself, as I often do, mentally leaving the present situation because my mind wants me to start focusing on where it thinks I should be according to the “plan”, I have to remind myself that this is where I need to be and now is where my focus need to be. Wringing my hands, pacing, checking my watch, calendar, or phone, won’t move the time any faster. I have learned that the root cause of all of this for me is my fear based mind’s desire to worry. The solution I have to force myself at times to grab and hold onto is that God has me right here right now for His own reasons and I need to be awake and present in this moment and not lost in thoughts and worry over my day not matching up with my calendar. Worry won’t change a thing, except to make your present situation more uncomfortable… Check your experience… “Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake.” Big Book pg 417 Lord, let us trade in out worries for your grace and guidance, AMEN. “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4: 6-7 Have a blessed day y’all! Daily devotions with the Big Book and Bible combined! Paperback and Kindle versions are now available!! Every penny goes to support Faith Through Works Fellowship ministries including our beloved Furniture Bank! Please order yours today and help us help others! https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Devotions-Pastor-Mark-Devotionals/dp/1980273847/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524849607&sr=8-3&keywords=pastor+mark+farley

No comments:

Post a Comment