Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Saturday, April 7, 2018

It ain’t all about me. … There are times when my head tries to convince me of the illusion that it (whatever “it” is) is all about me. Generally I discover that I am a victim of this delusion when I become frustrated that things are not going exactly as I think they should be. Thank goodness I have the grace available to me through the Holy Spirit to check myself to discover that I am in self-will and it ain’t about me. When I accept this, I refocus my attitudes and look to see what I can bring to the situation instead of trying to see what I can get out of it. The amazing thing is that it then goes far better than I imagined in my selfish self-centered mind! …Check your experience. … “But be sure you are on solid spiritual ground before you start and that your motive in going is thoroughly good. Do not think of what you will get out of the occasion. Think of what you can bring to it.” Big Book pg 102 Lord, thank you for the grace that the Holy Spirit brings us to remind us that self-will can be deceptive and Your will can show us the truth, AMEN. "Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude." 1Peter 3:8 Have a blessed day y’all! Start your day on a positive note! Daily devotions with the Big Book and Bible combined! Paperback and Kindle versions are now available!! Every penny goes to support Faith Through Works Fellowship ministries including our beloved Furniture Bank! Please order yours today and help us help others! https://smile.amazon.com/Daily-Devotions-Pastor-Mark-Devotionals/dp/1980273847/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1520092403&sr=8-2&keywords=pastor+mark+farley

No comments:

Post a Comment