Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where is your "treasure"?

"For wherever your treasure is, there will your heart be also."--Luke 12:34
I enjoy this verse because it brings me instant perspective along with a truthful reminder to watch my motives and efforts.  When I am struggling, frustrated, stressed , and just plain mad  reflecting on this verse gives me the path I need to take to find happiness and let go of whatever it is that is causing these negative emotions and feelings inside of me.
Do I want to look at myself at times like this?  Heck no! I like to sit in anger and resentment and focus on the wrongs that I perceive being done to me!  I have learned that I must in order to restore order to my mind and peace to my soul.  
I look at my motives first. I ask myself what I am trying to gain, get, or avoid through my actions, attitudes and behaviors.  I next look at my efforts. Am I sitting in the negativity of the situation?  Am I refusing to see the other side? Am I willing to accept this person, place, thing, or situation exactly as it is for this moment and refocus my mind toward the positive attitude I need to move on?
This is when I learn firsthand where my “treasure” is. When I look at my motives and efforts, I can see where my heart is!

No comments:

Post a Comment