Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Friday, August 6, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

Spend a Moment Every Day Thinking of Someone to Thank

This is a simple strategy which may take only a few seconds to complete. The point is to gear your attention toward gratitude preferably first thing in the morning .And, it can be anyone, like someone who allowed you to merge into traffic or someone who held a door open for you. It is easy to allow your mind to dlip into various forms of negativity. If you wake up in the morning with gratitude on your mind, it's pretty difficult, in fact almost impossible, to feel anything but peace.

(taken from the book "DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF....and it's all small stuff" by Richard Carlson, PH.D.)


I recall someone I'm grateful for, and my mind immediately like a domino thinks of someone else, or something else. It took less than 1 minute out of my busy day and has given me peace to last until morning when I will try this again. This reminds me of the power of positive thinking...it really does work!

1 comment:

  1. Great Vicki! No matter what the situation, person, place, or thing, we can always find something positive to focus on if we only focus our mind, heart, motives and efforts on it!

    ReplyDelete