Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Look for the positive and don't dwell on the negative!

Every morning when I get up I start my day by focusing my mind on a positive thought. I have been using daily meditation and thought books for years to make sure I keep this habit. What I have gained from this is invaluable.  It has allowed me to develop my life habit of looking for the good in everything and not dwelling on the negatives.

Positive thoughts are full of faith and hope. These thoughts when acted upon lead to positive beliefs and promote positive actions in our lives. Negative thoughts are full of fear and fueled by doubt. Negative thoughts produce negative attitudes and behaviors in us. They drive us down and keep us from any happiness. 

It takes some work, daily on my part, but with determination we can change our thoughts from negative to positive.

To quote Zig Ziglar, "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

My suggestion is to find a meditation book to look at daily to begin to train your mind to look for the positive and keep the negative in check!

No comments:

Post a Comment