Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Thursday, January 21, 2021


 

Those dang emotional flaws and mental hang ups… 

How are we supposed to know the difference between self-will and God's will? 

Experience and others have taught me that if I am giving my best effort without regard to fear, pride, envy, gluttony, greed, anger, or sloth then I am doing God's will and not mine. 

IF I am focusing on my pride, anger, greed, lust, envy, greed, or sloth (PAGLEGS) then I am in self-will. 

AA’s Joe and Charlie said best with their explanation of Steps 6 and 7; "I don't do what I want to do. (Self-will) I just do what I ought to do.(God's will)" 

I find I can keep my self-will in check by checking my motives and efforts… Check your experience… 

“Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate.” Big Book pg 62 

Lord help us to recognize our emotional flaws and park our mental hang-ups in those times when our self-will seeks to overturn Your will for us, AMEN. 

"The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other." Galatians 5:17 

Have a blessed day y’all! 

 Looking to volunteer or plug into an existing helping opportunity in the Greater Phoenix AZ area? 

Visit Servants Hearts! 

It’s a free site to help connect folks with volunteer and helping opportunities! 


 How about a daily dose of hope and inspired thought? 

Join me in looking at the things we face daily with passages from both the Big Book and Bible! 

Free daily message in your inbox. 









#SCAA #SugarAddiction #CarbAddiction #501c3 #Recovery #Sobriety #AA #12Step #DailyDevotion #BigBook #AZCharity #FoodAddiction #PrayerWarriors #Pastors #Leadership #Faith #DailyScripture #FaithOverFear #FaithThroughWorksFellowship #Prayer #taxwriteoff #FurnitureBank #TaxReceipt #BibleVerse #GodIsFaithful #Jesus #Bible #LoveGodLovePeople #nonprofit #Abstinence

No comments:

Post a Comment