Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Tuesday, January 19, 2021


 

Happiness comes from…. 

Now I know this is not your experience, but my self-will is greedy for things that my delusional head likes for me to think that I need. 

For me, my self-will is starved for for attention and for worldly things. It likes me to think that in order to be happy I need a Harley, a Corvette, a bigger house, and on and on it goes. 

While these things are nice, my happiness does NOT depend on them. The minute it does, then I have a major problem. 

Luckily, I was blessed with the opportunity to find my life in AA through the Big Book and the 12 Steps, and they led me back to the Lord who has given me a life better than my wildest dreams filled with a marriage, a family, ministry, friends, and more blessings and happiness than I ever deserved. 

I find that I need to check my motives and efforts to measure my happiness. 

When I am able to do this I see that my happiness does not come from things, rather it comes from my relationship with God and those wonderful folks in my life. 

What do you measure your happiness with?.. Check your experience...
 

"Selfishness-self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity,..." Big Book pg 62

Lord, please remove the selfish thoughts driven by our self-centered fear, pride, and greed that block our hearts from Your will and Spirit, AMEN. 

"Then He said to them, Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions." Luke 12:15 

Have a blessed day Y’all! 

Join me in looking at the things we face daily with passages from both the Big Book and Bible! 


 How about a daily dose of hope and inspired thought? 

Free daily blog emailed to you in the morning! 









#SCAA #SugarAddiction #CarbAddiction #Keto #Recovery #Sobriety #AA #12Step #DailyDevotion #BigBook #Inspiration #StepStudy #Abstinence #OA #Alanon #Bible #NA #Serenity #Faith #Workbook #SugarAddict #Addicted #FoodAddict #FoodAddiciton #Jesus #Alcoholic #12StepWorksheet #AlcoholicsAnonymous #RecoveryBooks #SoberBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment