Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Sunday, August 9, 2020



When the going gets tough….

We all experience trying times and receive not so good news every now and then.

Maybe it’s different for you, but even after all these years of walking with Jesus, learning from the Big Book, Bible, my picket fence of friends, and Spiritual mentors, my initial gut reaction to bad news is to blame others and not want to look at my part.

Luckily for me, I am blessed with friends, family, and a loving God who all remind me that even though I have hit a bump in the road, it’s a season that will pass, provided that I supply the willingness and effort. Hopefully your experience with bad news allows you to respond in such a way that you don’t turn a bad moment into a bad day.

…Check your experience…

“Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us - sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.” Big Book pg 84

Lord, let us look to You and Your Word in trying times to see the path we must take to move through this season, AMEN.

“When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.” Isaiah 43:2

Have a blessed day y’all!

Looking to volunteer or plug into an existing helping opportunity in the Greater Phoenix AZ area?

Visit Servants Hearts!

It’s a free site to help connect folks with volunteer and helping opportunities!

http://aservantsheart.us

  

No comments:

Post a Comment