Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Thursday, August 20, 2020

 No pain – No gain… 


Maybe it’s different for you, but I cannot recall ever enjoying going through a needed change when I was not willing to participate initially. I think the pain we feel is not so much from the different action or change, but in realizing that our old way is not working, and we have to grasp onto a new way. 

On November 25, 2017, I finally had the willingness to change my diet, my thinking about food, and my physical routines to bring about the lifestyle change to give me the needed permanent weight loss and healthier (can I say fried taters and gravy-less) life. It was embarrassing and humbling but needed and I continue to be overwhelmed with gratitude by the support and encouragement I have receive. 

My life has changed for the better in so many ways! So, friends, my suggestion for today to check your willingness if you are in a season of change. The pain reduces when the willingness increases… 

Check your experience… 

“We grow by our willingness to face and rectify errors and convert them into assets.” Big Book pg 124 

Lord, let us willingly participate when change is needed in our lives, AMEN. 

“We do not enjoy being disciplined. It is painful at the time, but later, after we have learned from it, we have peace, because we start living in the right way.” Hebrews 12:11 

Have a blessed day y'all!! 

How about a daily dose of hope and inspired thought? 

Join me in looking at the things we face daily with passages from both the Big Book and Bible! 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pastor+mark+farley&ref=nb_sb_noss

No comments:

Post a Comment