Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Friday, August 31, 2018

There is no “i” in team…. A few years ago, I borrowed the phrase; “I can’t fix the head I got with the head I got.” from Brian C. from one of the AA meetings here in Phoenix. I learn many things from listening to and observing people and this thought has proven to be a strong tool for myself and others. Maybe it’s different for you, but when I am in spiritual pain, or struggling with issues of pride and self-will, I have a hard time initially sharing my struggle. This thought gives me a quick reality check and motivates me to seek counsel from others and not let my selfish thoughts continue to dominate my mind and actions. How comfortable are you in using your own mind to clear up your struggles of your thought and spiritual walk? …Check your experience… “Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear. When these crop up, we ask God at once to remove them. We discuss them with someone immediately and make amends quickly if we have harmed anyone.” Big Book pg 84 Lord, let us not only share the things that are dominating our thoughts and blocking us from Your grace, but also be willing to act on advice received from others, AMEN. “One who has isolated himself seeks his own desires; he rejects all sound judgment. Proverbs 18:1 Have a blessed day y’all! Start your day on a positive note! Daily devotions from the Big Book and Bible combined! Paperback and Kindle versions are now available!! Every penny goes to support Faith Through Works Fellowship ministries including our beloved Furniture Bank! Please order yours today and help us help others! https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Devotions-Pastor-Mark-Devotionals/dp/1980273847/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524849607&sr=8-3&keywords=pastor+mark+farley

No comments:

Post a Comment