Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Saturday, August 4, 2018

I don’t do what I should do and I want to do what I shouldn’t…. The age old conundrum, doing what is the expected and right thing verses the attraction of doing the opposite. If it weren’t for my age and experiences acquired from choosing the wrong thing, I would not have the easier time that I do today to avoid this chaos. Why is it that our self-will likes to rear its ugly head and try to twist our thinking to fall victim to the illusion of our mind and the wrong choice? As long as we walk this Earth our self-will is going to be contending with the Holy Spirit residing in each of us to interfere with God’s will for our lives…Check your experience… “The first requirement is that we be convinced that any life run on self-will can hardly be a success.” Big Book pg 60 Lord, let us turn our will and our lives over to Your care daily, AMEN. “I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.” Romans 7:18 Have a blessed day y’all! Start your day on a positive note! Daily devotions from the Big Book and Bible combined! Paperback and Kindle versions are now available!! Every penny goes to support Faith Through Works Fellowship ministries including our beloved Furniture Bank! Please order yours today and help us help others! https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Devotions-Pastor-Mark-Devotionals/dp/1980273847/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524849607&sr=8-3&keywords=pastor+mark+farley

No comments:

Post a Comment