Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Wednesday, August 29, 2018



“Don’t turn a bad moment into a bad day.” … Back in Sacramento, years ago, ol’ Dick E. of Group 3 used to say this “phrase that pays” the AA meetings. I have held onto that thought over the years and found it very useful when I am in times of stress or struggle. I simple force my head to remember these words and it stops the bad moment from becoming a bad day. While some situations last longer than a moment, I have learned that I am not facing it alone and that when I turn my troubles and fears over to the Lord, not only does my day go better, but also, the situation usually resolves itself and leaves me in a better place as a result. Are you allowing bad moments to become bad days? … Check your experience…. “In this book you read again and again that faith did for us what we could not do for ourselves.” Big Book pgs. 70-71 Lord, what times of uncertainty, stress, or struggle come, remind my heat that You are with me and I can turn it over to Your care and not let it run my whole day, AMEN. “I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation in the meantime. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine.” 1 Peter 1:6-7 Have a blessed day y’all! Start your day on a positive note! Daily devotions from the Big Book and Bible combined! Paperback and Kindle versions are now available!! Every penny goes to support Faith Through Works Fellowship ministries including our beloved Furniture Bank! Please order yours today and help us help others! https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Devotions-Pastor-Mark-Devotionals/dp/1980273847/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524849607&sr=8-3&keywords=pastor+mark+farley

No comments:

Post a Comment