Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Why can’t reality match the picture in my head? … Perhaps it’s different for you, but every now and then I get a picture of the way the world is supposed to be in my head and it does not match up with reality. These expectations come from my own self-centered wants, fears, and pride. During my walk with Jesus and sobriety I have learned that expectations can spring from a person’s thought process based on emotional wants. I have learned that expectations based on my human assumptions can cause me trouble. These days I try to catch myself when I am trying to set an expectation. Time, grace, and serenity have taught me that I need to make sure I examine all of the evidence and not just what I want to see or hear. I ask the Lord to help me let it go and allow my heart to accept people, places, and things as they are and for what they are right now. It saves me a lot of anger, grief, and wasted energy! How’s this working out for you?.. Check your experience… “And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.” Big Book pg 417 or 449 old school! Lord, lets us trade our expectations in for acceptance and knowledge that You are in control, AMEN. “The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked come to nothing.” Proverbs 10:28 Have a blessed day y’all! Start your day on a positive note! Daily devotions from the Big Book and Bible combined! Paperback and Kindle versions are now available!! Every penny goes to support Faith Through Works Fellowship ministries including our beloved Furniture Bank! Please order yours today and help us help others! https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Devotions-Pastor-Mark-Devotionals/dp/1980273847/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524849607&sr=8-3&keywords=pastor+mark+farley

No comments:

Post a Comment