Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

I have these “rights” …..Have you ever had one of those days where nothing seems to go right? Maybe even a week or longer where things just are not working out? I have a few friends right now that are in the hospital longer than expected and it’s no picnic for them. It’s frustrating when we are going through these times. Now maybe it’s different for you but, when things don’t go my way or the way I expect them to, my “rights” move in and try to convince me that my way is the only way and the best way. This crowds out not only reality, but also the ability for God to work in me and through me to show me what is meant to be. I have learned through these times and over the years to look for the good and hold fast to my knowledge and experience that my faith will see me through and my hopes will keep me looking for the positive. … Check your experience. …. . “I can watch my serenity level rise when I discard my expectations. But then my “rights” try to move in, and they too can force my serenity level down. I have to discard my “rights,” as well as my expectations,” Big Book pg 420. Lord, remind our hearts in times of struggle and discomfort that this will pass and to look for the good and not focus on the bad, AMEN. “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 Have a blessed day y’all! How about a daily dose of positive and inspiration!? Daily devotions with the Big Book and Bible combined! Paperback and Kindle versions are now available!! Every penny goes to support Faith Through Works Fellowship ministries including our beloved Furniture Bank! Please order yours today and help us help others!https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Devotions-Pastor-Mark-Devotionals/dp/1980273847/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524849607&sr=8-3&keywords=pastor+mark+farley

No comments:

Post a Comment