Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Prayer request for Mark

 Hi,

I am usually one of those guys emailing you asking for prayer for someone else that God has placed in my path. Tonight I have a different request.

I am undergoing surgery Friday morning to remove some remaining squamous cell tissue from the back of my tongue. The doctors determined this to be dysplasia from a biopsy they did a month ago. They were able to remove 95% of it then, but were not able to reach this area (I know that I have a big mouth!) and wanted to see the biopsy result before proceeding.

I am confident this procedure when finished tomorrow before lunch will leave me free of any cancer or precancerous cells.  The surgeons will be looking for other affected areas, but  I  already know that I am cancer free!

May I ask that you keep the surgeons, medical staff, Tami, Kai, and the rest of my loving family in prayer?  Tami, her parents and my mom are going to be with me at Banner Desert tomorrow.

Our Lord has delivered me from alcoholism and addiction for over 19 years as well as awoke me from a coma 9 years ago, so this is a “walk in the park” for me compared to my other experiences! As I recovered from my alcoholism God told me to follow Him and I would be OK. When God awoke me from my coma He told me to be the best husband and father I could be and He would provide abundantly for us. He did and has! This time God told me back in April that I am cancer free and that I will be OK.

I want to share a verse that is near and dear to me and in my mind, appropriate for this time in my journey. 

 Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”

If you still need some convincing that I am already OK, then just look at the blessings God has given me!  I have a gift He gave me to share and raise with Tami 13 years ago, its His angel, Kai. My job is far from done here! He also is allowing me to volunteer leading the Care and Support Services and Mountain Park Church helping many people.  I have a lot of work to do! Plus Tami keeps getting more beautiful every year and I still have many dates to take her on!

The surgeon has told me that I will have to be quiet for a few days. While this is a foreign concept to me, I am certain it is a blessing for Tami and Kai!

We will keep you posted.

Thank you for being in my life and for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment