Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Tuesday, May 25, 2021


I want what I want when I want it!..

Now maybe it’s different for you, but the addict that still resides in my head after all these years still tries to convince me that the self-centered feeling of ‘I want what I want and I want it now’ is an OK and actionable thought! 

I am sure the committee of ego, pride, and the other self-will characters in my head agree! 

This is Stinking Thinking! 

I am so glad I have the Holy Sprit in my heart, a daily relationship with Jesus, and my picket fence of friends in my SCAA and AA 12 Step Fellowships to help keep me on the right path and accountable to continue to seek God’s will and not fall victim to this illusion. 

Now here is the hard part….. well at least it was and still is for me!.

This is not an overnight matter! 

This means I just can’t wish myself to become patient and tolerant right away! 

I have had to work on this for many years. 

Heck, I still have to work on these defects of character! 

The good news is that when I make myself take the time to respond rather than instantly react based on the emotion of the moment, my day goes much better! 

I am a work in progress. 

How about you? 

Are you working daily to grow a stronger foundation that allows you to respond instead of react? … 

Check your experience… 

“Put on your new nature and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.” Colossians 3:10 

Holy Spirit Come, fill me with your patience, guidance, grace, and tolerance to allow me to respond instead of reacting to life’s challenges, AMEN. 

“It will take time to clear away the wreck. Though the old buildings will eventually be replaced by finer ones, the new structures will take years to complete.” Big Book pg 123 

Have a blessed day y’all 

Please help us help others! 


Furniture Bank continues to help those not as blessed as we are right now! 

Donate today! 

How about a daily dose of hope and inspired thought? 

Join me in looking at the things we face daily with passages from both the Big Book and Bible! 

Free daily message in your Inbox! 


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

#Nonprofit #Helping #Charity #SCAA #SugarAddiction #501c3 #Recovery #Sobriety #AA #12Step #DailyDevotion #BigBook #TaxReceipt #FoodAddiction #ChristianNonProfit #Pastors #Leadership #Faith #ChristianCharity #TaxDeduction #FaithThroughWorksFellowship #DonateMoneytocharity #Arizonanonprofit #FurnitureBank #PublicCharity #GodIsFaithful #Jesus #Bible #LoveGodLovePeople #DonateMoneyToGetATaxWriteoff

No comments:

Post a Comment