Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Sunday, September 8, 2019



What’s your motive?... This was given to me years ago as I was learning how to pray and I still use it to this very day. The suggestion is to pray to WANT what I GET and not to GET what I WANT. I can’t tell you how many times over the years I have become confused and have prayed TELLING God about a desired specific outcome with great detail, based on my thoughts, emotions, and motives on getting that specific result instead of becoming open and willing to learn God’s will for me and the lesson I need to learn for the situation causing me to pray. When I pray for understanding and wisdom, things go well. When I pray for specific things focusing only on how those things will make me feel, well,… I am still waiting…Think about that for a moment and please… check your experience… “…praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.” Big Book pg 59 Lord, let us pray to understand Your will for us in the requests we make instead of demanding our own way, AMEN. “When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.” James 4:3 Have a blessed day y’all! Start your day on a positive note! Daily devotions from the Big Book and Bible combined! Paperback and Kindle versions available!! Every penny goes to support Faith Through Works Fellowship ministries including our beloved Furniture Bank! Please order yours today and help us help others! https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pastor+mark+farley&ref=nb_sb_noss

No comments:

Post a Comment