Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Sunday, October 31, 2010

TRUST IN GOD'S PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE AND ALLOW HIM TO MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT.

Trust can be difficult. There have been times in my life when I put my trust in someone or something and was completely let down. I have learned to value people, places, and things for whom and what they represent at that moment. This prevents me from setting expectations that may or may not be met in the future. People are human, that means we are not perfect.
But while people will fail you, God will never let you down.
God has a master plan for each one of us… a blueprint for every believer... a wonderful will for your life as well as mine. And whether you are a butcher, a baker, or a candlestick maker, God has a purpose for your life.
I know for certain that God is in control and that we're not just aimlessly wandering and meandering through life, because the Bible affirms that over and over again.
The Lord only asks that you trust in Him to know what's best for you... to not lean on your own understanding of how things should be.
When you begin trust in God for everything, He will do amazing things in your life! He has in mine and continues to surprise and bless me and my family.


“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6


“And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.”  Big Book Page 449 ( or pg 417 in new edition)


 “When we sincerely took such a position, all sorts of remarkable things followed. We had a new Employer. Being all powerful, He provided what we needed, if we kept close to Him and performed His work well. Established on such a footing we became less and less interested in ourselves, our little plans and designs. More and more we became interested in seeing what we could contribute to life. As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we became conscious of His presence, we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter. We were reborn.
We were now at Step Three. Many of us said to our Maker, as we understood Him: "God, I offer myself to Thee-to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!" We thought well before taking this step making sure we were ready; that we could at last abandon ourselves utterly to Him.” Big Book page 63


No comments:

Post a Comment