Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Sunday, September 12, 2021



Where there is a will… there's a way…. 

I am sure at some point we have heard the phrase, “the devil made me do it.” 

I know in the past I have used it as a cheap excuse for my behaviors or actions that either brought trouble or caused issues for others. 

The problem is that there really is a nugget of truth attached to this phrase. 

Because God loves us unconditionally, HE lets us keep our free will. It’s on us to choose to either use our will or seek His will. 

So, in my case when I act on self-will and it causes issues for myself and others, it truly is the devil manipulating me through my selfish and self-centered will. 

Please understand, it’s not the devil’s fault for my actions, its mine to own because I made the choice to follow my will instead of seeking God’s will for the situation. 

So the devil is not really “making me do it”, rather he is using my choice of self will to help me self-destruct. 

How are you allowing the devil to “make you do it”? …

Check your experience… 

 “So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out of … self-will run riot,” Big Book pg 62 

Lord, let us look into our hearts in times of great temptation to match the desires of our own will against Your will that lives in the Holy Spirit inside of us, AMEN.

 “…for indeed I would not have known what it means to desire something belonging to someone else if the law had not said, “Do not covet.” But sin, seizing the opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of wrong desires.” Romans 7: 7-8 

Have a blessed day y’all! 

Looking to volunteer or plug into an existing helping opportunity in the Greater Phoenix AZ area? 

Visit Servants Hearts! 

It’s a free site to help connect folks with volunteer and helping opportunities! 


How about a daily dose of hope and inspired thought? 

Join me in looking at the things we face daily with passages from both the Big Book and Bible! 

Free daily message in your Inbox! 


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

#SCAA #SugarAddiction #CarbAddiction #Keto #Recovery #Sobriety #AA #12Step #DailyDevotion #BigBook #Inspiration #StepStudy #Abstinence #OA #Alanon #Bible #NA #Serenity #Faith #Workbook #SugarAddict #Addicted #FoodAddict #FoodAddiciton #Jesus #Alcoholic #12StepWorksheet #AlcoholicsAnonymous #RecoveryBooks #SoberBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment