Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Monday, February 1, 2021


 



I want what I want WHEN I want it…. 

Perhaps it’s different for you, but I can’t tell you how many times this thought has sparked emotional reactions that led to actions with bad outcomes from my hurried and poorly thought out decisions. 

I get it, the self-willed human in me wants to override my spiritual nature and get that perceived TEMPORARY GAIN

It’s in those moments my self-will blocks me from seeing the long-term outcomes and the effects on my hasty wants and desires. 

When I quiet those urges through prayer, counsel with others wiser than me, and in trusting my faith, that I wait and let God provide me with the natural choice. 

More often than not I am amazed because it turns out way better than I ever expected! 

Check your experience…. 

“Patience, tolerance, understanding and love are the watchwords.” Big Book pg. 118. 

Lord, please let me learn to pray to want what I get instead of getting what I want, AMEN. 

“Wait for the LORD; be strong and let your heart take courage;” Psalm 27:14 

Have a blessed day Y’all! 

Looking to volunteer or plug into an existing helping opportunity in the Greater Phoenix AZ area? 

Visit Servants Hearts! 

It’s a free site to help connect folks with volunteer and helping opportunities! 


 How about a daily dose of hope and inspired thought? 

Join me in looking at the things we face daily with passages from both the Big Book and Bible! 

Free daily blog 









#SCAA #SugarAddiction #CarbAddiction #501c3 #Recovery #Sobriety #AA #12Step #DailyDevotion #BigBook #AZCharity #FoodAddiction #PrayerWarriors #Pastors #Leadership #Faith #DailyScripture #FaithOverFear #FaithThroughWorksFellowship #Prayer #taxwriteoff #FurnitureBank #TaxReceipt #BibleVerse #GodIsFaithful #Jesus #Bible #LoveGodLovePeople #nonprofit #Abstinence

No comments:

Post a Comment