Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Friday, January 31, 2020

I want what I want WHEN I want it….Perhaps it’s different for you, but I can’t tell you how many times this thought has sparked reactions that led to actions with bad outcomes from my hurried and poorly thought out decisions. I get it, the self-willed human in me wants to override my spiritual nature and get that perceived TEMPORARY GAIN. It’s in those moments my self-will blocks me from seeing the long-term outcomes and the effects on my hasty wants and desires. When I quiet those urges through prayer, counsel with others wiser than me, and in trusting my faith, that I wait and let God provide me with the natural choice. More often than not, I am amazed because it turns out way better than I ever expected! Check your experience…. “Patience, tolerance, understanding and love are the watchwords.” Big Book pg. 118. Lord, please let me learn to pray to want what I get instead of getting what I want, AMEN. “Wait for the LORD; be strong and let your heart take courage;” Psalm 27:14 Have a blessed day y'all! Did you know that your financial gift to Furniture Bank is not only tax deductible but also qualifies you for up to $800 in AZ Tax Credits? Furniture Bank is a 501c3 public charity and every penny donated goes toward helping our families, veterans, and individuals in need. Please help us continue to help others! http://www.furniturebank.us/arizona-tax-credit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment