Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Thursday, March 28, 2019



All we gotta do is ask?!?... Maybe it’s different for you, but I have a real hard time asking for help. I am not talking about my ministry and all of our volunteer projects, I mean asking for help with my personal flaws and shortcomings. It’s easy to help others but sometimes it’s hard for me to help myself, let alone ask for assistance. This is pride and fear at work. They block the Holy Spirit from helping by filling my mind with self-centered thoughts of fear and shame, preventing my heart from showing me the path to the truth. When I finally block the pride and quiet the fear to ask for help, things not only get better, but also I get to learn that I am not alone in my shortcomings. Jesus makes it easy for us to ask for help, but our pride, fear, shame, and even anger prevent us from receiving His grace and help…Check your experience… “We had to have God's help.” Big Book pg 62 Lord, let us drop the rocks of pride, fear, and anger to allow Your Holy Spirit to help and heal us, AMEN. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7 Have a blessed day y’all! Furniture Bank helps many folks with a HAND –UP as they work with various organizations to gain skills and jobs to escape homelessness and, helplessness to gain self-respect and self-sustainability!! Your gifts, donations, prayers, and financial support make this possible! Families, veterans, elderly, physically and mentally challenged, as well as others can enjoy homes filled with furniture and furnishings as they rebuild their lives. MAKE A DIFFERENCE! ALL donations to Furniture Bank are TAX DEDUCTIBLE and 100% goes toward helping the families, veterans, elderly, and other individuals in need. You can donate any amount for a tax deduction and tax receipt, BUT…. a gift of either $400 as an individual or $800 as a couple to Furniture Bank, Inc. a 501c3 public charity, can also reduce your tax bill to the State of Arizona by that amount dollar for dollar! It’s easy and you can make a big difference on how Furniture Bank can further help our families and individuals in need. http://www.furniturebank.us/arizona-tax-credit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment