Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Monday, February 4, 2019

So why is it that sometimes we think we are walking in faith yet we still have that feeling of doom, failure, and or fear in our heads? Change brings this on more than anything for me. Now maybe it’s different for you, but I have this crazy head and it sometimes doesn’t like to connect with my heart. What I have learned, and mostly the hard way over the years, is that my self-will lives in my head and it loves to tell my heart what a loser and failure it thinks I am. Thanks to God, AA, and a picket fence of friends, I have learned to tune that noise in my head out and focus on my heart where the Holy Spirit resides and directs me if I let Him. So when I get that feeling that perhaps I am going to fail or things are not going to go right, I politely thank my head and then shut the door on those thoughts and focus on what my faith and my heart are saying to me. How do you quiet your head so your heart can lead you?.. Check your experience… “Here was something at work in a human heart which had done the impossible.” Big Book pg 11 Lord, let us turn out will and our lives over to Your care and direction daily, AMEN. “And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?” Luke 24:38 Have a blessed day y’all! Hey friends please check out Servants Hearts! it’s a free site to help connect folks with volunteer and helping opportunities! Furniture Bank, Spiritual Solutions Group, and Advocate Phoenix are please to share the newest free service from Faith Through Works Fellowship! It’s Phoenix based for now. Pray for its growth to provide helping hearts and willing hands to our organizations that need help! http://aservantsheart.us/

No comments:

Post a Comment