Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Tuesday, January 22, 2019



Be transformed..... Those pesky expectations I sometimes allow to sneak in and dominate my thinking always cause me confusion when real everyday life fails to match up to the picture in my head of what it's SUPPOSED to be like. I do my best to neither set expectations nor try to live by expectations of others. Everyone is human, and like me, prone to faults, fears, and forgetfulness. I have found through years of trial and error, that when I try to be present in the moment and work with what I have instead of what I think or feel I should have, my day and my life goes better. When those pesky expectations try to grab my attention and sway my thinking, I turn them over to God and stay in the moment trying to be of maximum service to those around me. Maybe you can relate… Check your experience… "Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives." Big Book pg 86. Lord let us renew our minds and refresh our hearts with Your Spirit replacing our expectations, AMEN. "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind," Romans 12:2 Have a blessed day y’all! Furniture Bank has helped many folks this year with a HAND –UP as they worked with various organizations to gain skills and jobs to escape homelessness and, helplessness to gain self-respect and self-sustainability!! Your gifts, donations, prayers, and financial support made this possible! Families, veterans, elderly, physically and mentally challenged, as well as others are now enjoying homes filled with furniture and furnishings as they rebuild their lives. MAKE A DIFFERENCE! ALL donations to Furniture Bank are TAX DEDUCTIBLE and 100% goes toward helping the families, veterans, elderly, and other individuals in need. You can donate any amount for a tax deduction and tax receipt, BUT…. a gift of either $400 as an individual or $800 as a couple to Furniture Bank, Inc. a 501c3 public charity, can also reduce your tax bill to the State of Arizona by that amount dollar for dollar! It’s easy and you can make a big difference on how Furniture Bank can further help our families and individuals in need. http://www.furniturebank.us/arizona-tax-credit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment