Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

But I just wanna be judged by my INTENTIONS while I judge you by your ACTIONS. ...Well that’s just dandy isn’t it?!? Maybe it’s just me, and perhaps you cannot relate, but the “committee” in my head that tries to run my life, otherwise known as my selfish self-will, tries to make this a policy for me all the time. Thank goodness I have tools to veto their vote and the key to lock them back up deep in my mind. Why is it that I have this fear fueled, pride based notion that I have the right to judge others only by how I view their actions and at the same time expect them to overlook my actions and judge me by my intentions? Over the years and through many painful lessons I have learned that I must first walk in another person’s shoes before I even attempt to understand them. I have no right to judge another person. That is for God to do. My job is to try to love, tolerate, and accept others as best I can and allow them to have their own opinions of me. How is your relationship with the committee in your head?.. Check your experience… . “Love and tolerance of others is our code.” Big Book pg 84. Lord, let us set aside our preconceived notions and give our best efforts to love and tolerate others, AMEN. "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.” Matthew 7:1-2. H Have a blessed day y’all. Please check out my new daily devotional!! A daily dose of inspiration and good news! Paperback and Kindle versions! All proceeds go to Furniture Bank!! https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pastor+mark+farley&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apastor+mark+farley

No comments:

Post a Comment