Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Take the High Road!

Pastor Allan said it best; "Take the high road"

As I have learned in 19 years of AA meetings and in my daily walk with God that when I have a conflict with another person I must pray for them constantly and look at my part not theirs! No, I don’t like this, but YES IT WORKS over time, EVERY TIME!

So many times I wanted to stop praying and let my resentment take me down the low road into the pits of  negativity, but I know that nothing goods comes of this when I stop praying and trusting God.

Friends, please try this and tell me how it works for you! When you find yourself at odds with another person due to anger, fear, resentment, jealousy, or some other negative emotion or feeling…PRAY FOR THEM!  Ask God to soften their heart and to allow HIS grace to flow in. Pray for them to be successful and have good things happen to them and pray for them daily for at least 30 days.

"Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you, and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven" Matthew 5:44-45.

Though we did not like their symptoms and the way these disturbed us, they, like ourselves, were sick too. We asked God to help us show them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that we would cheerfully grant a sick friend. When a person offended we said to ourselves, "This is a sick man. How can I be helpful to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be done." We avoid retaliation or argument. We wouldn't treat sick people that way. If we do, we destroy our chance of being helpful. We cannot be helpful to all people, but at least God will show us how to take a kindly and tolerant view of each and every one. Big Book page 67

No comments:

Post a Comment