Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Friday, September 17, 2010

Mastering Ourselves

Many people who abuse chemicals are urged by friends and relatives to use "will power" or "resist temptation." It is never very clear as to what they mean by this, but the addicted person numbly nods his head and agrees with them. It's a common misconception that we should be masters of our own souls.

But it is not until we truly realize that we don't know how to be masters, that we can progress. There is only one Master who has the wisdom and knowledge to guide our souls. If we ourselves were capable of being masters of our souls, how did we end up here in the first place? Have I turned my life and my will over?

May my soul be guided by the only Master that truly knows what is best for me.

.......Hazeldon literature

1 comment: