Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Tuesday, July 12, 2022


 



Take off your shoes…

Years ago when I was on staff at Salvation Army as a counselor, 

I taught a class for the men in the Adult Recovery Center in Sacramento. 

One of the more popular lessons I taught was called “Take off your shoes” 

I would post a sign outside of the chapel that served as our classroom asking all who entered to. take off their shoes. 

Everyone complied and no one ever had a serious problem with the request. 

I would then share with the men how we are always willing and able to comply and participate with general requests, like taking off our shoes. 

I would then ask them to think about why they did not feel the need to demand to know what kind of shoes I was asking them to take off. 

Would sandals qualify or be excused? 

What about sneakers and boots? 

The point I was making for the class was that we all put something on our fee t and even though it may be a boot, sneaker, or sandal, it’s still just a shoe with the main purpose of protecting our feet. 

I then used this understanding to home in on the fact that whether it is alcohol, cocaine, pills, meth, heroin, or other chemicals, we are all addicted to something, and we all have that in common and need to band together to recover. 

Driving home the point that we all put something inside of us to numb ourselves to the outside world. 

Now folks, I am NOT politically motivated, and those who know me best know that I am color blind with respect to skin and race. 

So, my point today is that we are all living and breathing humans, so why can’t we band together to help one another instead of all this senseless nonsense…

Check your experience… 

“The point is, that we are willing to grow along spiritual lines.” Big Book pg. 60 

Lord, let us remember we are all Your children and one Earthly family, AMEN. 

“There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28 

Have a blessed day Y’all! 

Join me in looking at the things we face daily with passages from both the Big Book and Bible! 


How about a daily dose of hope and inspired thought? 

Free daily blog emailed to you in the morning! 





.

.

.

.

.

.

.

#SCAA #SugarAddiction #CarbAddiction #Keto #Recovery #Sobriety #AA #12Step #DailyDevotion #BigBook #Inspiration #StepStudy #Abstinence #OA #Alanon #Bible #NA #Serenity #Faith #Workbook #SugarAddict #Addicted #FoodAddict #FoodAddiciton #Jesus #Alcoholic #12StepWorksheet #AlcoholicsAnonymous #RecoveryBooks #SoberBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment