Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Friday, August 20, 2021



No pain – No gain… 

Maybe it’s different for you, but I cannot recall ever enjoying going through a needed change when I was not willing to participate initially. 

I think the pain we feel is not so much from the different action or change, but in realizing that our old way is not working and we have to grasp onto a new way. 

When I finally had the willingness to change my eating habits and my physical routines to bring about the lifestyle changes necessary to give me the needed permanent weight loss and healthier (can I say fried taters and gravy-less) life. 

It was embarrassing and humbling but needed.

I was and still am overwhelmed with gratitude by the support and encouragement I have received almost 4 years into this life changing journey. 

So, my suggestion for today is to check your willingness if you are in a season of change. 

The pain reduces when the willingness increases… 

Check your experience… 

“We grow by our willingness to face and rectify errors and convert them into assets.” Big Book pg 124 

Lord, let us willingly participate when change is needed in our lives, AMEN. 

“We do not enjoy being disciplined. It is painful at the time, but later, after we have learned from it, we have peace, because we start living in the right way.” Hebrews 12:11 

Have a blessed day Y’all!! 

Join me in looking at the things we face daily with passages from both the Big Book and Bible! 


How about a daily dose of hope and inspired thought? 

Free daily message in your morning inbox. 

I never share, sell, or publish your email. 


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

#SCAA #SugarAddiction #CarbAddiction #Keto #Recovery #Sobriety #AA #12Step #DailyDevotion #BigBook #Inspiration #StepStudy #Abstinence #OA #Alanon #Bible #NA #Serenity #Faith #Workbook #SugarAddict #Addicted #FoodAddict #FoodAddiciton #Jesus #Alcoholic #12StepWorksheet #AlcoholicsAnonymous #RecoveryBooks #SoberBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment