Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Saturday, May 30, 2020

It’s supposed to be that when we look in the mirror we see a real reflection of ourselves. Now this happens for me as I shave, brush my teeth and attire myself for the day. 

There are also other mirrors that we can use to see other things. 

For example, looking in the mirror of self-reflection should show us where we stand spiritually, morally, and emotionally. There is also the mirror of seeing ourselves in others. Oh and the mirror of seeing our experiences through other situations, places and things! 

Now perhaps it’s different for you BUT… why is it that when I look into the mirror of self-reflection, I see who I want to see through the illusions of my intentions? 

When I am spiritually unbalanced this happens along with seeing reflections fueled by resentment, fear and pride when I dare look in the mirrors of people, places, things and situations. 

I am lucky to have a picket fence of friends and accountability partners to help me see the real me and not become swallowed up in the illusions my self – centered fear, pride, or anger that are managed by the addiction committee residing in my head. 

I am glad that when I turn these moments over to God and trade my will for His, I gain the proper reflection of self. How’s this working out for you?... Check your Experience….. 

“For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was.” James 1: 23-25 

Lord, let us open the eyes of our hearts to gain the help of the Holy Spirit inside of us to truly see our reflections of our own will, words, actions, and thoughts, AMEN. 

“We were prepared to look at it from an entirely different angle.” Big Book pg 66 

Furniture Bank Continues to help those in need! 

Until we are clear from the world heath challenges, Furniture Bank is neither accepting nor scheduling pick-ups of donated items. 

We are using our cash reserves to order new items that can be drop shipped and delivered to our clients. 

Furniture Bank is a 501c3 public charity and every penny donated goes toward helping our families, veterans, and individuals in need. 

Please help us continue to help others! 

http://www.furniturebank.us/arizona-tax-credit.html

Have a blessed day y’all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment