Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Truly helping others… As Thanksgiving week begins, it’s a great time of year to not only be grateful for our blessings, but also to look to help and bless others. There are plenty of food drives, meals for the less fortunate, and other community collective efforts that we can all participate in and hopefully we all can do our part. What we may not necessarily consider however is the fact that we can help others daily that are already in our lives. The verse I am sharing abut today talks about feeding the hungry, caring for the sick, and clothing the naked, BUT…what I want to draw your attention to is there are folks in our daily walk despite being fully clothed and well fed who are spiritually malnourished, heart sick, and naked to the worldly clamors we face daily. We can and must help our friends, family, and coworkers who suffer from spiritual malnourishment. How are you spiritually feeding, clothing, and helping those around you? Its amazing what a kind word, a helping hand, and even an anonymous gift of money or assistance can do!.. Check your experience… “Helping others is the foundation stone” Big Book pg 97 Lord, let us open our hearts to freely share Your Holy Spirit and the grace of Jesus with those in our lives who are silently suffering spiritually, AMEN. “For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.” Matthew 25: 35-36 Have a blessed day y’all! …. MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Furniture Bank is in the hand-UP business and not the HANDOUT GAME! You can donate any amount for a tax deduction and tax receipt, even $20 a month helps, because $100 provides a new twin bed and bedding to make a house into a home for our clients and families escaping homelessness and hopelessness. We send 2 or 3 new beds to every family we assist. Furniture Bank is a 501c3 public charity and every penny donated goes toward helping our families, veterans, and individuals in need. Visit our website and click on the PayPal button for a secure transaction and tax receipt that will follow within 48 hours. Please help us help others! http://www.furniturebank.us

No comments:

Post a Comment