Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Friday, November 30, 2018

Don't judge a book by its cover. ... Looks can be deceiving, especially when we allow our judgment to be based solely on what we initially see. Perhaps it's different for you, but I have shared before how my magic magnifying mind likes to trick me into trusting the ideas it generates on its own just for me. It pays to learn more of the story before we pass judgments. Years ago when I was living, recovering, and working at the Salvation Army in Sacramento, we had this very small man named Joe who also lived there. Because of a stroke he suffered, he walked funny and had a hard time speaking so it was easy to pass him by as another needy and hopeless cause. However, I got to know Joe. As our friendship grew, I learned that he was a power lifter in the gym and before he had a stroke in his mid 20's, he was a college graduate with a promising career in engineering. Different choices he made around drugs and alcohol led to difficult twists, and turns in his life, like many of us encountered before we wound up at Salvation Army for help. Joe helped teach me and others to weight lift and use the gym safely. He was very encouraging to me to get my college education and pursue God's calling on my life. I am glad I took the time to get to know Joe before he went home to the Lord. His encouragement and influence helped me a lot during that season of my life. Are there any "Joe's" in your life where you don't know their story? ... Check your experience.... "We let God be the final judge." Big Book pg 70. Lord open the eyes of our hearts so the we can see those You send to help us, AMEN. "Do not judge according to appearance" John 7:24 Have a blessed day y'all! Did you know that your financial gift to Furniture Bank is not only tax deductible but also qualifies you for up to $800 in AZ Tax Credits? Furniture Bank is a 501c3 public charity and every penny donated goes toward helping our families, veterans, and individuals in need. Please help us continue to help others! http://www.furniturebank.us/arizona-tax-credit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment