Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Monday, June 20, 2011

"T.H.I.N.K" before you speak!

A review for me!
T.H.I.N.K. before you speak
I have spent this year working on improving my words and actions. My goal has been to RESPOND instead of REACT to situations and conversations. I have a lot more to learn on this and thanks to God, a life time to make it a habit!
The short version is that I need to be positive and uplifting with my words, even when I am pointing out a negative, using discipline, or correcting something that needs changed.
Please consider this suggestion; it will help you present your words and ideas in a positive manner.
"T.H.I.N.K" before you speak!
"T" stands for True. Before you speak, make sure that what you're saying is true. Don't mistake spiritual discernment for opinion, innuendo, slander, or gossip. 
"H" stands for Helpful. Ask yourself if the words you're offering are helpful. Don't judge, but seek to build up an individual rather than tearing them down. Remember that what goes around comes around!
"I" stands for Inspiring. Be uplifting and positive with your words. Genuine encouragement can help to point others toward Christ, His love, and restoration.
"N" stands for Necessary. Don't be a fault-finder regarding matters of little importance. Ask yourself if it's really necessary to take action and what's at stake. This world is full of negativity. How can our words make a positive and impactful difference?
"K" stands for Kind. Be kind and humble in your approach. We need to “remove the plank from our eyes before addressing the specks we see in others”. Matthew 7:5 This means that we must“clean our side of the street” before addressing the faults of others. Big Book pg 77

Dear friends, please guard your words and actions. Please make sure that what is coming from your mouth is God centered, bathed in humility and will cover the receiver with grace and kindness!  Think before you speak!

“... with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love....”
--Ephesians 4:2
The spiritual life is not a theory. We have to live it.
                                                    page 83 Big Book

No comments:

Post a Comment