Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Thursday, November 11, 2010

MY HEART IS MY HOME AND WITH GOD'S HELP IT WILL BE A PLACE OF LOVE

MY HEART IS MY HOME AND WITH GOD'S HELP IT WILL BE A PLACE OF LOVE

Proverbs 3:27 says, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.”  My heart is my home.  It’s where I live in a world of swirling emotions. Although my thoughts control my emotions, it’s my emotions that rule my world.  If I want to take charge of my life, I must control the storm of thoughts blowing through my heart and mind. My heart is my home, and I should feel comfortable there. It should feel good to be at home with myself.  If I don't feel good inside, I need to make some changes in the way I think so that I can change the way I feel. My heart is like a calculator that sums up everything in my life. After it adds everything up, it tells me how to feel. When I feel bad, I need to change what I put into my mind so that things add up differently. When I count my blessings, and fill my mind with good things, my heart adds everything up, and I feel great. I must put good things into my mind if I want to feel good on the inside.  There is no other way. Although I can’t change my emotions directly, I can change them indirectly by changing how I think.  My emotions are the direct result of my thoughts, and when I change the way I think, my emotions change as well. My mind is where God’s love starts its miraculous work.  When his love gets into my mind, it changes the way I think.  When his love works its way down into my heart, it changes the way I feel.  My emotional mind no longer beats me up with a negative, destructive message.  Instead, when my emotional mind goes into rewind, it replays a message of acceptance, hope, and love.  My heart is now full of emotions consistent with God’s message of love.

My heart is my home, and with God’s help, it will be a place of love



On one side, God sends his love to me.  On the other side, I send my love back to him through loving other people.  God’s plan of love is simple.  What goes around comes around.   The only way for my love to get back to God is by passing it through the hearts of other people.  The love I send to others comes multiplied back to me. God works in his world through the power of love, but He uses me to spread it around.  God’s arms of love are my arms.  God’s voice of love is my voice.  God’s heart of love is my heart.  God gives me as much love as I am willing to pass on to others.  When I send God’s love to everyone, I become immersed in his ocean of love.

When I send God’s love to just one person, God gives me enough love for just one.  When I send God’s love to ten people, God fills my cup with enough for all ten.  Now if  I can send God’s love to a thousand, a tidal wave will sweep over me, and I will swim in His ocean of love.  No one should ever die loveless when God has an ocean of love.  What goes around comes around.  There is no limit to how good my life can become when I send God’s love to everyone.

1 comment: