Daily Hope and Inspiration from Pastor Mark

Tuesday, October 11, 2022


 

Resources for fact-checking… 

 When I was working on my MBA, we were required to use verified and proven sources as we did our assignments and presented information in class. 

 What was comforting to me about this was that not only did I have to make sure that what I was sharing with the class was verified and true, but also, I was able to relax knowing that what my classmates shared was verified and true as well. 

 In my experience, this has helped to create a solid and powerful learning environment. 

Wouldn’t that be great if our culture and society required the same thing? 

Sure, on some levels we do, that is why there is the “fine print” at the bottom of most documents requiring our signatures, but what about the advertisements and wild claims that fly from folks’ mouths as they try to say our opinions or move us to buy or try to evoke emotions in us? 

It pays to check the source of the information. 

Sometimes selfish motives outweigh facts, and the information gets manipulated to stretch or fabricate the truth. 

The promises that are in the 2 most important books in my life assure me that their facts are straight and real. 

The Bible and the Big Book are the 2 sources I rely on daily to help me see and say the truth… 

How do you verify what you are seeing and hearing?.. 

Check your experience… 

“For faith in a Power greater than ourselves, and miraculous demonstrations of that power in human lives, are facts as old as man himself.” Big Book pg 55 

Lord, let us look to Your Word and Your will for us when we seek to learn the truth, AMEN. 

“Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.” Colossians 2:8 

Have a blessed day Y’all! 

Join me in looking at the things we face daily with passages from both the Big Book and Bible! 


 How about a daily dose of hope and inspired thought? 

Free daily blog emailed to you in the morning! 


.

.

.

.

.

.

#SCAA #SugarAddiction #CarbAddiction #Keto #Recovery #Sobriety #AA #12Step #DailyDevotion #BigBook #Inspiration #StepStudy #Abstinence #OA #Alanon #Bible #NA #Serenity #Faith #Workbook #SugarAddict #Addicted #FoodAddict #FoodAddiciton #Jesus #Alcoholic #12StepWorksheet #AlcoholicsAnonymous #RecoveryBooks #SoberBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment